Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Burrata + Basil
My desert island food is undoubtedly PASTA, especially a really saucy, creamy combo.
I've been on a romesco kick recently and thought...how incredible would this be with PASTA?! Add some burrata and basil to the mix and we are in business! Not to mention a super simple weeknight dinner that makes for excellent leftovers! I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 6):
2-16 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 Burrata balls or 1 Mozzarella ball, torn in pieces
2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
1. Boil water for pasta and add a generous amount of salt (so it's salty like the sea). Once boiling, add the entire box of rigatoni and cook until just al dente (around 6 minutes).
2. In the meantime, make your sauce by blending the first 6 ingredients in a high power blender. Set aside.
3. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain your rigatoni in a strainer and set aside.
4. In the same pot used to boil the pasta, add the sauce from the blender and simmer the sauce for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add the half and half and simmer for another 3-4 minutes until fragrant and simmering a bit. Adjust the heat to low and mix in the parmesan until fully incorporated. Season to taste. Add the rigatoni to the sauce and toss well until the noodles are fully coated and warmed.
6. If desired, add 1/4 cup of pasta water or more depending on how thick you want the sauce and adjust seasoning if needed.
7. Preheat your oven to the broil setting (on high). Transfer the pasta and sauce to an oven safe casserole dish. Break up and scatter chunks of the burrata across the pasta and broil in the oven for 2 minutes or until the burrata melts. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately!